Ask The Expert
Compliance Monitoring & Baseline Study
CEGTH has the experience, knowledge, and required resources that assist you in ensuring that your business policies and procedures comply with the relevant laws, regulations & standards. We also excel in conducting environmental baseline studies to use them as a reference while examining the impact your project or business activity has on the environment. Services that we offer under Compliance Monitoring & Baseline Study include:
Ambient Air Testing
Ambient Air Testing analyses the level of contaminants in the surrounding air and enhances air quality. The air can get polluted by different sources like factories, vehicles, pesticides used in farms, etc., which may lead to severe health concerns in the residents living nearby.
Backed with advanced analytical equipment and techniques, we offer the following Ambient Air Testing services:
- Air quality measured as per National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS) (16th November, 2009); a total of 12 parameters (PM10, PM2.5, SO2, NO2, CO, NH3, C6H6, BAP, Pb, As, Ni, O3) are tested
- Estimation of volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds as per EPA
- Estimation of total Petroleum Hydrocarbon
- All halides (like chlorides, Fluorides, Bromides), Amines by Ion Chromatography
- Pesticides by HPLC
- All metals (at particulate phase) by ICP- MS
Stack/Stationary Source Emission Testing
Stack Emission Testing is done to monitor the industrial waste streams (containing hazardous pollutants) released into the atmosphere at a great height. It is done to ensure a facility’s compliance with permissible limits of concentrations at the ground.
CEGTH has the expertise to measure the following parameters under Stack Emission Testing:
- PM, NOx, SOx, CO, CO2, O2, HC (Methane and Non-Methane) as per CPCB/EPA standards
- VOCs, by VOST sampler
- Poly Nuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH), Mercaptan
- Acid Mist, Ammonia, Hydrogen Sulphide, Carbon Di Sulphide, and other hazardous gases
- Di Oxin & Furans as per USPEA
- Total Mercury (Hg) and other metals by glass sampling train
Effluent /Sewage Water Testing
The rising population and expansion of industries across regions give rise to greater quantities of untreated water, which is being used in day-to-day activities by the unaware people. Thus, it is important to analyze the quality of the sewage water as per the recognized/ standard methods (CPCB/Schedule VI of Environment Protection 3rd Amendment Rules 1993) for the safety of people.
CEGTH offers industries to measure:
- All parameters as per CPCB Schedule VI of the Environment (Protection) Third Amendment Rules, 1993 norms including Bioassay & Radioactive Materials
- Nutrients to check the efficiency of nutrient removal plants
- Composite/Grab sampling
- Validation of ETP/STP at pre and post-commissioning stage
- Adequacy Study
Ambient /DG Noise/Source Noise Testing
The rising levels of construction and production across industries, real estate, etc. create greater noise levels that pose a threat to productivity among surrounding people. Noise Monitoring can help assess and lay down necessary precautionary measures.
We use an integrated decibel meter to measure ambient noise (Day & Night) as per CPCB/DGMS/IS Standard. Peripheral Noise is also a type of Ambient Noise Measurement.
Pollutants emitting from vehicles, industries, and fertilizers cause soil contamination, leading to the accumulation of toxic materials in the soil. A regular and efficient analysis by CEGTH would help assess the soil health & reduce soil pollution.
We perform the following analyses under soil testing:
- Micronutrients include Iron (Fe), Zinc (Zn), Copper (Cu), Boron (B), Manganese (Mn) and Molybdenum (Mb). Macronutrients include Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), Potassium(K), Sulphur (S), Calcium (Ca) and Magnesium (Mg)
- Organic Matter, PAHs, PCBs, Trace Metals, Bulk Density, Water Holding Capacity Pesticides, Porosity Permeability, Particle Size Distribution
- Physical Tests include Bearing Capacity, Shear Strength, Standard Penetration Tests, etc.
- Soil Reclamation, Salinity Studies & Remedial Measures
- Soil Analysis for Building Construction (Mechanical and Chemical)
- Agricultural Soil Analysis
Sludge & Waste Analysis
Anything unwanted, used, overused, or useless is categorized as waste. It may include hazardous substances, sewage waste, and radioactive compounds, etc. These wastes can’t be disposed of in their prevailing condition, and effective Waste Management Techniques must be adopted to prevent any damage to our natural resources. These techniques vary with the waste source, its contents, and location.
CEGTH is specialized for the characterization of waste as per Hazardous Waste Management & Transboundary Rules. Our services under sludge or waste analysis are as follows:
- Organic and Inorganic Parameters as per Schedule II
- Categorization of Wastes
- Leachability Behaviour
- Recycling & Reuse Options
- Suitability for Landfills & Composting
- Incineration Studies of Wastes
Meteorology is concerned with the atmospheric processes & phenomena and majorly focuses on forecasting the weather. Meteorological data helps identify the pollutant sources and predict air pollution events such as inversions and high-pollutant concentration days. It also helps in simulating & predicting air quality by using computer models.
CEG Test House helps to monitor the following data over a period of time while studying Air Quality:
- Wind Speed and Direction
- Solar Radiation
- Atmospheric Pressure